Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Out of Nowhere

Out of Nowhere
You came in like a swooping wind
Little did I know how much damage you could do
I am quick to guard my heart
It has been bruised and broken before
I was okay
I was good on my own
Then here you came singing like an angel
I know if I let myself I could fall
But you see you’re the kind of man who could really break my heart.
If I let go
If I fall
And if you’re not there to catch me at all
I don’t know what will become of me
And my already fragile heart.
If I seem cold
If I seem distant
It is because I can’t trust myself with you
With your words
Everything you say
Everything you do
It cuts
It punches
It hits me hard.
I may be irrational
I know I am
But I was not expecting this
I was not expecting you.
No, I was not expecting this
This wave that is you that came out of nowhere.
I hope you understand.
I don’t know what to do,
But if my past repeats
I am in for a nasty treat.
So if you know who you are

Be gentle with my fragile heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment