Monday, June 24, 2013

My prayer for me

I’m screwed up
I’m broken
I don’t deserve the life you have given me
When I ask why all you say is it’s because you love me
I don’t understand this love you have for me
I will never understand it
I try to live into it
But when I hit the light I see all my dark stains
I become ashamed
And instead of receiving forgiveness for the stains on my skin I run back into the darkness so I can’t see them
I know the only way to remove them is to accept this forgiveness and forgive myself
And to then go and sin no more
But the darkness is easier
It has become an uncomfortable, comfortable home
I preach your word and goodness from my dark hole
Others hear and come into your light
And I pray they don’t look back to see that I am still in the shadows behind.
I can’t accept your love, because I can’t love myself
I don’t like myself when I fall
I don’t like myself when I see my stains that I do not think should be washed clean because I am unworthy
I am so unworthy but still you love me
I cannot fully live in your love because I do not love myself
So Lord I pray
I beg
I plead
Help me to love me for me
Help me to forgive myself for my mistakes
Help me to see me as you see me
Help me to see myself as I see others
God I accept your love and forgiveness
But help me to accept my own love and forgiveness
Help me to step into the light and let you remove these stains once more
And help me see that they are no more.
Lord this is my prayer for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment