Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My heart bleeds for the city

My heart bleeds for the city
I would pick big city buildings over open country crop
I would rather ride a subway than a horse to any stop
I would choose to walk the streets of the city than a field of crops
because in the city there are many broken hearts.
The country is not bad,
the cowboys and cowgirls need God too
but i am afraid of us losing site of those broken and bound up in the city
because it is easier to watch a sunset over a fence, than it is to humanize the dehumanized.
I am afraid that the church will forget about the broken lives and cries of the lost in the city.
where it is hard and dark, but where there is also light
See I have a heart for the city
a heart that Christ has given me
the outcast
the homeless
the gangster
the business man and woman
i have a heart for the city.
so Church wont you join me in spreading the gospel not only to the country, burbs, and foreign lands, but also to the cities that are in our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment