Thursday, September 20, 2012

Do You Love Me for Who I Am?

Do you love me for who I am?
Or do you love me for what I can do for you?
Will you only love me when I can make you smile,
then run and hide while I cry?
Will you only love me when I am light hearted,
and shy away when I get deep?
There is more to me than what you see.
Will you be able to love that too?
Or do you even care?
Do you just want my laughing and jokes,
or do you truly want to know me?
If you want surface level I can give you that.
If you truly want to know me,
you have to show me
your love.

'Cause my God,
my God loves me.
He loves me for who I am
because He created me
He loves me for my smile,
He loves me through my trials.
He loves me when I am happy
and when I am sad
He knows all that there is to me
because He has made me
I am His child and He is my God
He cares for me, and He knows me inside and out.
My God has shown me what true love is.
Can you try to show me love like His?

No comments:

Post a Comment